Two pieces of bad news hit last night. The first was the news that Scott Ross and VFX Soldier’s organization to end VFX subsidies ended, failing to raise the necessary money to pay their law firm to challenge the subsidies in court.
- ADAPT Legal Effort On Subsidies Ends
- Visual Effects Artists Drop Effort to Challenge Film Subsidies
- VFX Trade Association Dissolved, Ends Lobbying Effort to Address Subsidies
The second piece of bad news is that Dreamworks is laying off artists, with rumors going around that 400 artists will soon be out of work. My sympathies go out to everyone affected.
- DreamWorks Animation Plans Major Layoffs
- Speaking of DreamWorks Animation
- DreamWorks Animation Plotting New Round Of Layoffs
- Layoffs Under Way at DreamWorks Animation
- DreamWorks Animation Planning Layoffs
- DreamWorks Animation plans substantial layoffs
Photo Credit: Money by 401(K) 2012