Not to be outdone, Valve announced that they would be making their game engine available as well.
- Valve will let you make games with the new Source 2 engine for free
- Valve Enters the Game Engine Race with Source 2
- Valve announces Source 2, Steam Link, and Steam Lighthouse VR technology
Other GDC News
- Crazy specs on Sony’s VR headset. Sony’s Project Morpheus VR headset will launch in 2016
- Sony’s PlayStation 4 VR headset launching in the ‘first half of 2016’
- Sony shows latest Project Morpheus prototype at GDC: here are the impressive new specs
- Sony Unveils New Morpheus Prototype – Low Persistence OLED @ 120Hz – Launches Q2 2016
- A close look at the Gear VR for the Galaxy S6
- The new Nvidia Shield is the ‘world’s first 4K Android TV console’ and launches this May for $199
- Crysis 3, Doom 3 and more ported to Android, powered by NVIDIA
- Nvidia will launch a 1080p game-streaming subscription service in May
This sucks, and will likely have implications for the multiple lawsuits against animation and VFX studios that conspired to keep artists wages artificially low. Seems like a bargain when the lost wages were in the billions.
This was the court case that ADAPT was going to use to try to tax subsidized VFX shots entering the US, effectively countering subsidies from other countries.
A bit mean but kinda true
When you're the greenest person in the department just shut up and learn. Also just try and be useful and not slow anyone down.— Phillip Jackson (@phil_jackson) March 3, 2015
Photo Credit: Unity by Cassidy Curtis