The big news is that The Foundry announced yesterday that they were purchased by an investment firm HgCapital. From all appearances, this is the best possible situation where The Foundry can continue with business as usual. FX Guide reports that Adobe was never seriously in the running to buy The Foundry.
- VFX Software Firm The Foundry Sold for $312M
- The Foundry Sold in New Growth Commitment - Cinefex Blog
- The Foundry sold – but not to Adobe
- The Foundry has been sold!
In other Foundry news, they're having their live streaming event today announcing Modo 901.
- Post Magazine - Animal Logic to open Vancouver animation studio
- Animal Logic sets up shop in Vancouver
- ‘Lego’ Producer Animal Logic to Open Vancouver Studio
- Animal Logic Will Open Vancouver Studio to Work on The Lego Movie Sequel - Studio Daily