The VES award nominees were announced yesterday. Big props to all the artists at Mr.X Inc. Mr.X was nominated five times for their work on the television shows The Strain, Vikings and Penny Dreadful. The television categories are extremely competitive so it speaks volumes that their work is so prominently featured in the awards.
It really says something about the level of VFX for television when neither Supergirl, Flash, nor Agents of Shield gets a VES nomination.— Mystery VFX Super (@MysteryVFXSuper) January 12, 2016
- 'Star Wars' Leads Visual Effects Society Awards Feature Nominations
- ‘Star Wars,’ ‘Game of Thrones,’ ‘The Peanuts Movie’ Lead Visual Effects Society Nominations
- 14th Annual VES Awards Nominees | Visual Effects Society
- ‘Star Wars,’ ‘Game of Thrones’ Lead Visual Effects Nominations
- FXRant: VES Announces Nominations for 14th VES Awards
- Post Magazine - Nominees announced for 14th Annual VES Awards
- Visual Effects Society Announces Nominees for 14th Annual VES Awards
FX Guide has an article about Katana 2.0. It's notable that the new Product Manager of Katana is Jordan Thistlewood who worked for years in Toronto at CORE Digital Pictures and March Entertainment.